Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's 9:32 am and I just got home...get this favre stink off of me!

This is me after the game. I'm trying to 'push' the cardboard cut-out of Brent back into the bar. And yes, that is Adrian Peterson affixed to Brent's nether region. I did not do that.

I feel dirty and cheap - I need a shower (seriously - because I'm wearing the same clothes I was last NIGHT yet). WHAT THE?? Do I need to suit up and start blocking for Aaron? Do I? I'm 45 flippin years old, but I'm pretty darn sure at this point, all applications are being accepted. I think with a little more weight lifting and maybe going back on the meat wagon, it will help me bulk up quickly. Seriously, WTF happened last night? Ooooh, there are so many highlights and lowlights, I just don't know where to begin, so I'll just start spewing...in fact, I'll do a timeline, how does that sound?

5:15 pm - Appleton - Wiseguys on Oneida Street. I am one of the first people there. As I am walking in, I pass a gentleman in a Vikings jersey with the #69 on it (I have no idea who #69 is at this point, ok). I say to the other bar patrons "who is that d-bag with the vikings jersey?" - thinking it is one of their friends. These men say back to me 'yeah, who is that d-bag?" I then realize, #69 is not with them. A few minutes later, I ask the small group 'who is #69 for the Vikings anyhow? Dick Lick?' They all laugh #69 does not. In fact, he does not even acknowledge me. Hmmm? He doesn't get it or he is deaf - either way, I still think I am the funniest person in the bar at this time. And I haven't even had a drink yet!!

5:20 - Brenda arrives in a GBP jacket. Underneath, I know she is wearing a GBP #4 jersey, which totally grinds on me, but I give her an A for effort. I am wearing my #12 jersey...with pride, mind you.

5:23 - Michelle arrives in a LeRoy Butler jersey. Amen! 2 Packer Fans - 1 Favre fan. Wooo wooo. Michelle is doing the Chicago Marathon this Sunday - 26.2 miles - and she is drinking beer and bloody mary's. SHE IS MY HERO!! She is definitely Jolly Rodgers material for 2010!! God Bless!

Michelle, a true athlete, knows how important it is to treat your body like a temple before a big endurance event.

5:35 - My Aunt Kathy arrives. She loves Brett Favre and in ways that even make me blush!! 2 - 2.
Brenda and my Aunt Kathy. They think Favre is the second coming. Notice my 'thumbs down' - I didn't even photoshop that in. Cool, huh?

5:40 - My Aunt's friend and her hubby arrive. She loves #4 too. 3 - 2. This is where I cannot take it anymore. The Favre stink is getting as thick as perfume in a house of ill-repute. I go and purge in the bathroom. I feel a little better.


6:00 - Ahhhh, finally, more green and gold. My aunt and her friend have left. It's just Brenda who is flaunting her Favre love. I feel good now. I can handle this!


Brenda and her son, Lance. He was mocking me because he said I sound 'like a gansta when I text him.' Now what does that mean? He was giving me pointers and tips all night. I ignored him. He was picking on Aaron as well throughout the night. Blah, blah, blah.

Lance, Rachel, Stuart, Brenda - during the happy times. When was that again?

Ok, forget the timeline now - because for a while, it just starts melding all together. The bar fills up - the tv announcers are so awash in 'hot love' for Brett that I'm feeling nauseous again. I purge one more time. I feel better again. Man, is this the super bowl or what, because that pregame went on forever? FINALLY, kick off! Ok, I cannot tell you how much my stomach hurts from laughing all night at the comments that I heard in the bar. I've never heard someone been told to 'f-bomb off' as many times as I did last night - and all those terms of endearment were being directed toward #4. The rudest of rude comments; booing Deanna; the references to Jon Gruden and his over-abundance of love for Brett (thank you, Stuart); the GREAT officiating and their over-abundance of love for Brett, etc. But never ONCE did I hear someone say 'f-bomb off, Aaron.' So that made me very happy. See, we take care of our own here. Since I was the only one sporting the #12 jersey, I was ready for anyone who wanted to rumble after the game. But no one did. I even asked a few gentlemen afterwards (with my big, puppy dog eyes), 'do you think it was all Aaron's fault.' NO! Is the overwhelming response I received. I know they would never lie to me. The most grief I received was from Stuart. He looked like a crazed lunatic after the #12 fumble and the #12 interception (ok, I will say, the interception was Aaron's fault, but he had no protection at ALL last night - his line was not practicing 'safe quarterbacking' at all! Boo! Hiss!).

Final score - 23 - 30. Not the way I wanted it to end. But, I will tell you this, put your big girl panties on for that 11/1 game because that is going to be one heck of a battle in GB at la la la Lambeau! The gauntlet has been thrown down. Drop the gloves. I think the love is gone now for #4.

PS - Does anyone know how to get sharpie marker off a helmet? I figure my BF autographed one is worth NOTHING now and I want to put it to better use - like as a planter or compost container in my kitchen. Sigh.
PSS - Click on the photo of me under my profile on this blog. You need to see what someone wrote on Brett's helmet (again, I did NOT do this - he was like that when I found him - but I think it is very funny).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kathy, I'm with you, Brent sucks! Our offense line must have been paid off by Brent, there was no protection for Aron. I also think our defense could have tried a little harder to get at Brent, not one sack on him. Were they paid off by Brent also??!!!!

    ReplyDelete